Theme Hospital on Mac OS X with Boxer 1.1.1
October 8, 2011 /
Hey Mac gamers, about an year ago I wrote an article
how to get Theme Hospital work on Mac OS X. Because that post is very
old and things have changed, here is an updated how-to.
- Install Boxer.
- Move the extracted file to the Applications folder.
- Get a copy of the game. I just used a copy (ISO file) of my old cd.
- Open Boxer.
- Choose “Import a new game”.
- Throw the ISO file / disk drive from the Finder into the wizard,
saying “Drop your game here.”
- Choose setup.exe (was default for me).
- Select a language.
- Set up your soundcard: Sound Effects => Creative Labs Sound Blaster
or 100% Compatible; Music => Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16.
(Choose automatic setup after each step).
- Install. Complete Installation.
- You will get asked, where you want to install the game. Just keep
the default of C:\HOSPITAL.
- Wait until installation is done.
- You will now get thrown into a DOS environment. Boxer will ask you,
if installation should be re-done or if everything works fine.
Select: ‘Finish importing’. Now wait a bit until Boxer says
- Launch the game.
- You will be in a DOS environment again. Boxer will ask you, which
file you want to open. Choose hospital.exe.
- Also choose ‘Launch every time’.
- If you quit the game again and re-run it, Boxer will now
automatically run the right file.
I hope this works for all of you :) Have fun! (I also checked for save
issues, but it worked without problems.)